Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Been a long time baby...

Boy has it been a long time since I've written. Guess what, life happened in a big way and I felt that I needed to take time to make sure I was available for life while it was happening.  After a
*back surgery (me)
*recovery
*PT
*house sale
*moving
*job change (David)
*loss of a job (me)
*adjusting to afternoon shift for both of us and the kiddos,
and a number of other things, our heads were spinning.  Homeschooling alone though all of the above may have been one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.  To be honest, there were more times than I can count on my fingers and toes that I wanted to just throw my hands up and quit, but then I think of not having the girls here with me everyday (which has been the biggest blessing I could ever imagine) and I start to calm down.  You are not alone if you have ever had big ideas and dreams and started them but then life got in the way.

This blog is going to be a mash-up of so many subjects, but I will make a point to be real with you about our life because who wants to read about how great everyone's perfect online life is all the time?  Not me!  I sometimes need to read about someone who isn't afraid to tell me their kid peed in their shoes today and said parent still had to go about their day and not lay in bed and cry, just so I know I'm not living on another planet.  I want to be the blog you can relate to in this "pin perfect" world.  Not all of my days are going to be edited for your reading pleasure, quite the contrary, they will probably contain too much information.  I will do this so you can remember that we all have terrible days (or years?!) and some recipes look like throw up even after you followed the recipe verbatim.   Let's live, laugh, love, and mess up together!

No comments:

Post a Comment